My Daisy Valentine

Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Happy Valentine's Day!!

I have a quick little non-traditional Valentine card for you today featuring the Daisy Delight bundle!  With all this cold weather we've been having lately I was in the mood for something that would remind me that spring is on its way!


I have been in love with daisies since I was a little girl.  Orchids are actually my favorite flower but daisies are a very close second.  I just adore their simplicity.  Daisies are just happy flowers.  I've had the Daisy Delight bundle for a few months now but am just not getting a chance to play with it.  I. Am. In. Love.


I wanted to keep this card incredibly simple since I am still not feeling great.  I apologize for not having the exact dimensions but if you ask I can measure them for you. ;) 


When I sat down to make this card I really wanted to highlight the daisy and the Delightful Daisy designer series paper, which is why I placed the daisy to the side.  I stamped two daisies in Daffodil Delight, punched them out using the daisy punch included in the Daisy Delight bundle, and popped it up on Stampin' Dimensionals.  I also used my bone folder to curl the edges just a bit to give it more of a flower feel.  I stamped the leaves onto Old Olive cardstock using Night of Navy ink and fussy cut them out.

The flower looked a little bare so I found some So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (retired) in my stash and cut a few pieces to place underneath the daisy which really helps the yellow pop.  I cut the love from the Sunshines Wishes thinlit die set in Night of Navy using my Big Shot, and added a few pearls to the center of the daisy for a little subtle bling.


I decided to stick with the Daisy Delight stamp set and decorate the inside of my card and not opt for a Valentine's-themed sentiment since our family doesn't really celebrate Valentine's Day (and if we do it's more with candy and less with cards).  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy and the little daisy border is stamped in Daffodil Delight.

I hope you all have a LOVEly Valentine's Day!


No comments