You Warm My Marbled Heart

Thursday, June 15, 2017
Tuesday night we celebrated my moms birthday.  Doesn't she look AMAZING for 55!!

Christi Flores - The Sweet Sassy Stamper thesweetsassystamper.blogspot.com #thesweetsassystamper

 My mother's favorite color has always been blue so I knew when I sat down to make her card that I wanted to do varying shades of blue.  I also can't get enough of my Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies which highlights my newest stamp perfectly.

Adorable birthday card using the new Marbled Backround stamp from Stampin Up!  I also found a new use for the leaves stamp in Sheltering Tree set. #thesweetsassystamper

I started out with a Whisper White card base that is the standard 5.5x2.25 and added another Whisper White panel that is 4x5.25 that is popped up on dimensionals.  I used the leaves stamp from the Sheltering Tree stamp set to create the background which was stamped in Night of Navy and Marina Mist.

The heart is my favorite part of this card because I got to use my new Marbled background set!!  I used sponge daubers and dabbed four different ink colors all over the stamp: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, and Tempting Turquoise and stamped the image on Whisper White cardstock.  I then used my Sweet & Sassy Framelit Dies to cut the center heart.  I wound some Silver Metallic Thread and used some Tear & Tape to place it behind the heart and popped the heart up on dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from Sheltering Tree in Night of Navy which finished off this card nicely.  My mom loved it (I knew she would!) and I have to admit I love it too!  I love using stamps for other things besides their intended purposes! :)

Supply List

No comments